Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alabama Deer Behavior Now
younghunter6
post Nov 21 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #1

Tracker

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,526

We have a half acre green field. there is 75 acres that he owns. It will be good early this year because the deer have been killing it says my grandpa. It will be even better late in the year.

Do you no when the deer are in the rut here anybody?

I wish you all good luck the rest of the season.

--------------------
" Passion not an Obsession "
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gobbler Buster
post Nov 21 2007, 02:00 AM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 10,165

QUOTE(younghunter6 @ Nov 20 2007, 08:44 PM) *

We have a half acre green field. there is 75 acres that he owns. It will be good early this year because the deer have been killing it says my grandpa. It will be even better late in the year.

Do you no when the deer are in the rut here anybody?
I wish you all good luck the rest of the season.

It depends on where you are. Most of the Alabama Deer Rut around the end of Dec. through Mid Jan., but there are a few places that have had deer brought in from other states that rut earlier. I do have friends that have already seen some bucks chasing does down close to B-Ham though, which is really weird.

+Quote Post
Milkman
post Nov 26 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #3

Tracker

Member No.: 13,116

Yea the deer will prolly start rutting around late dec, jan, and even into feb. what part alabama u hunting?
+Quote Post
GreeneCoDeerKiller
post Nov 26 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #4

Turkey thug

Member No.: 2,714

It really depends If your are in Central to South alabama your rut should be in late Dec early Jan. If you are in north alabama You should already be seeing rutting activity.

--------------------
Hunter

"call loud cause I can, soft cause I must, share no secerts, no one I trust, rain or shine it don't matter to me, I'm turkey thug of the 10th degree" -cuz turkey thug intro

When your in the turkey woods from sun rise to sun set, wear out a pair of boots, and 4 cushions every time you go you know you gave it all you had.

www.arrowslinger.com
+Quote Post
Gobbler Buster
post Nov 26 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #5

Outdoorsman

I hunt close to Red Bay in Vina, and have not seen even one scrape or rub anywhere yet. From what I am hearing though, the rut is really running behind at least two weeks everywhere else though.

+Quote Post
Milkman
post Dec 3 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #6

Tracker

Starting to make scrapes and get aggressive. Found three scrapes in about a 30 foot area.
+Quote Post
Gobbler Buster
post Dec 4 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #7

Outdoorsman

Where have you seen scrapes? Where do you hunt? I went out this weekend and have not sen the first one. I just wish it would stay cold enough to get them real frisky.

This post has been edited by Gobbler Buster: Dec 4 2007, 12:13 AM
+Quote Post
Milkman
post Dec 4 2007, 01:57 AM
Post #8

Tracker

I found one on an old logging road leading to my green field. one on the edge of my green field, on about three feet off the road from the other one. and the lst one was outside of a cane thicket. i hunt in randolph county.they were all good size scrapes.

one scrape was on an old loggin road leading to my green field, one was on the edge of my green field, one was about three feet of the road, and another one was outside of a cane thicket. they are starting to get aggressive here. i hunt in randolph county
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 07:51 AM