3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Killing Bigfoot Question, What would happen opinions.
Monarch8x8
post Nov 20 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #1

Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,108

In Cinches post she asked why someone hasn't just shot Bigfoot for proof. I think this deserves a topic in itself... Why you ask? Because I'm bored at work, that's why.

If one were to actually shoot and kill Bigfoot, what would happen to them?
What laws would there be that Johnny Law would throw at you?
Is there a law against killing a mythological creature? Or would they consider Bigfoot a person, making you a murderer? Or would Bigfoot be considered a Big Game Animal, so shooting him/her without a license would bring big fines and loss of hunting rights for a year? Or would the law consider Bigfoot as a predator, therefor allowing a hunter to kill it any time of year without aquiring a tag? Would you be a hero to all the freaks that believe in Bigfoot for finally proving to the world that they aren't really weird freaks for chasing Bigfoot around in the woods with cameras? Or would they be miffed because you killed (possibly) the only Bigfoot left on earth?
I'd like to read your thoughts. Why you ask? Again, because I'm bored at work.

--------------------
I Bleed Brown and Gold. GO POKES!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
coonhunter1991
post Nov 20 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 13,522

To help you out I dont think anyone has seen bigfoot they make fake vidoes or there drunk or high when they do see bigfoot plus I think that if bigfoot was reel we would see him or her more often while hiking or hunting I dont think he could out fight a grizzly any way.
+Quote Post
Gobble_adict
post Nov 20 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #3

Turkey Hunting PhD

Member No.: 7,982

I'm a resident of New York and I grew up near Whitehall, NY. That is the bigfoot capital of New York. It is close to Vermont, and in Vermont there is a law that states it is illegal to shoot or kill a bigfoot. New York has a law protecting Champ which is Lake Champlain's version of the Nessie. I would def. shoot a bigfoot. It would make me rich. Plus it would look awsome standing next to my mantle with its arms out holding wood for the wood stove.

Rex

--------------------
"Shoot em' in the face."
Joe Judd

"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent."
Chazz Palminteri

http://mountainhollowgamecalls.com/pro-staff/rex-reynolds/
http://mountainhollowgamecalls.com/
https://www.facebook.com/mountainhollow
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
+Quote Post
Cinch
post Nov 20 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #4

YES, I DO HUNT LIKE A GIRL AND PROUD OF IT!

Member No.: 9,298

I think that if a redneck gets drunk and sees one, then he is gonna shoot it to prove to Bubba that one exists. There is not a law in Oklahoma stating that you canNOT shoot one. I'd be afraid to shoot one because (like someones post in the other topic) I'd be afraid I would kill someone dressed up as one. But seriously, if I thought that this mythocal creature was going to do me bodily harm, then I'd shoot and leave it were it lays and call the game warden. I just dont see how bigfoot has NOT been proven to NOT exist when we have all these hunters trypsing thru the woods and no one has seen him without a shadow of a doubt. It just doesnt seem feasible to me.

--------------------
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito."
"An expert in anything was once a beginner."
www.heavenlyblueoutfitters.net
+Quote Post
CTTurkeyMan72191
post Nov 20 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #5

Trophy Hunter

Member No.: 3,206

Since it's not a "Real" animal, persay. They can't really put game laws on it, I wouldn't think. Of course, there are states (like Vermont) that outlaw it as a chance coverage. Until it's a Registered Endangered Species, It's Open Game if I see one trapsing through the woods.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Some animals WERE harmed in the making of this Hunter. They were also dragged through the dirt, butchered and tasted delicious fried with butter.
+Quote Post
okbowman
post Nov 20 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #6

Supreme Hunter

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,756

If someone shot bigfoot, then Travis' kids would be fatherless and his wife a widow! Please no!! We like ole Trav around here despite his stinking size 20 tennis shoes!!

--------------------
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Member of '07-'08 Deer Contest Championship Team

Member of '12 Turkey Contest Championship Team

Thank God He made all those critters.

God, Family, and Hunting that's what its all about, and if you take your family to the outdoors, you can have all 3 in 1!!!!
+Quote Post
bucks&ducks78
post Nov 20 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #7

Hunter

Member No.: 12,028

You know PETA would be all over that one! They would find a way no matter what state you were in to file a law suit against you and claim that you were in violation of some game law or that somehow you killed an endangered species even though it's not listed as one. You would be touted as a hero by some, but it would open a huge hornet's nest with others. Personally I'd rather not be the one to shoot it, but I'd sure like to see the evidence.

--------------------

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."
-David O. McKay
+Quote Post
brickit
post Nov 20 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #8

MR.BRICK

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 5,018

what makes any of you guys think that you could kill a bigfoot..how would you have to use a special kind of bullet.some sort of wooden stake. i think this should be considerd before you try and shoot one ,cuz you dont want to just tic onw off ..
+Quote Post
Cinch
post Nov 20 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #9

YES, I DO HUNT LIKE A GIRL AND PROUD OF IT!

Member No.: 9,298

ummmm poison the jack links?

--------------------
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito."
"An expert in anything was once a beginner."
www.heavenlyblueoutfitters.net
+Quote Post
Ambrosia
post Nov 20 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #10

Supreme Hunter

Member No.: 740

I'm with Cinch on this one....put a little somethin' somethin' in his Jack Links beef jerky and then follow the beast back to his lair...LOL...

Brosia
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 08:41 AM