Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blood Hunter Tracking Light
ezrider
post Nov 19 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,596

I'm looking for some opinions on the new Primos Bloodhunter tracking light. I have another brand of this type of light and I have found that when tracking blood in the fall season when there are red leaves on the ground the light is useless. It shows ALL red on the ground not just the blood.

Does the new Primos Bloodhunter have the same problem? Has anyone had experience with this new light?

Thanks in advance for any help/replies.

EZ unsure.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ezrider
post Nov 20 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 13,596

QUOTE(ezrider @ Nov 19 2007, 11:16 AM) *

I'm looking for some opinions on the new Primos Bloodhunter tracking light. I have another brand of this type of light and I have found that when tracking blood in the fall season when there are red leaves on the ground the light is useless. It shows ALL red on the ground not just the blood.

Does the new Primos Bloodhunter have the same problem? Has anyone had experience with this new light?

Thanks in advance for any help/replies.

EZ unsure.gif

Bump
+Quote Post
hotshot
post Nov 20 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #3

Hunter

Member No.: 617

I used one this year after we had already found the animal. This way I knew the path of the animal so we followed where we knew the animal had gone to see the difference between what we have been using and the new *blood light*. We always track with a bright white light and have for years. I dont know if it was just different or just bad, but I found the blood easier with the bright white light far better than the *blood light*. I can also tell you that LED lights are terrible to track with. For me its the light itself. The LED puts off a light which does not show color difference like a bright white light does.
For me, the brightest pure white light I can use is the best source to find tracks and blood during night tracking. wink.gif

--------------------
>>>----Shoot-Straight---->
+Quote Post
bigbruiser
post Nov 17 2008, 03:24 AM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 19,900

QUOTE(ezrider @ Nov 20 2007, 07:52 AM) *

Bump

i have used the blood light to find two different deer. i like using a good brite light for the easy to find stuff, but for the small drops of blood the light shows up good. it does show a few shadows, but i got use to it. i will be getting the new mini light. the battery on the big light is a pain.
+Quote Post
Savage Dude
post Nov 17 2008, 03:04 PM
Post #5

Hunter

Member No.: 19,499

QUOTE(bigbruiser @ Nov 16 2008, 10:24 PM) *

i have used the blood light to find two different deer. i like using a good brite light for the easy to find stuff, but for the small drops of blood the light shows up good. it does show a few shadows, but i got use to it. i will be getting the new mini light. the battery on the big light is a pain.

I always found my coleman white gas lantern/w reflector to be a great tool for this.

--------------------
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Dr. Adrian Rogers

GO GRIZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
MarineSTC
post Nov 18 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #6

Hunter

Member No.: 18,061

I am having a hard time using it because it messes with my eyes when looking for the blood. I had to stick with my normal light for tracking.

--------------------

2012-13 Primos Deer Contest Champions Hardwood Heart Stoppers
If you can read, Thank a teacher. If you can read English, Thank a Marine... USMC 3rd Marine Division 98-02
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 09:03 AM