Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Colorado Pheasant Hunters, pheasant numbers?
beartooths
post Nov 8 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,052

i just thought i would check with the colorado pheasant hunters who hunt the eastern plains and see who will be headed out to eastern colorado and how the bird numbers are looking? i have heard rumors they are making a good come-back and others say they are almost gone.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hunter2121
post Nov 8 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #2

BIG Hunter

Member No.: 1,116

hey there!

I will definitely let you know when I get back on Monday! Im going to be out all week-end trying to get a few of them. Are you going to be out?
+Quote Post
beartooths
post Nov 8 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

awesome good luck and let me know how it goes! i will hopefully be getting out there very soon as well! the dogs are ready and pumped! i am going to try around sterling and see what i can scare up
+Quote Post
hunter2121
post Nov 9 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #4

BIG Hunter

bear, yeah thats where we will be, we're staying at the Sundower. be there tomorrow night through sunday. we have 3 guys and a dog, if you want to join up that would be sweet, the bigger the party the better!! PM if your interested!
+Quote Post
hunter2121
post Nov 14 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #5

BIG Hunter

Bear..

How did you guys do? We did pretty good, if we could shoot better we would have almost limited out on Saturday, a first for Colorado!
A lot more young birds this year then last, only one rooster had some good spurs on it. And he sat tight as we walked past him, unfortunately for him the cover ended and so we turned around and he couldn't handle a second pass.... and that would be the last pass he had to worry about! smile.gif
+Quote Post
beartooths
post Nov 15 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #6

Outdoorsman

we didnt do too bad, we wound up going down by yuma to some friends property, and amazingly there were quite a few birds to be found! it looks like the bird numbers out east are possibly improving! although i talked to a farmer who lives a little further south and he said he has barely seen any birds at all, so i guess the northeast corner of the state has the birds.
+Quote Post
bricam12
post Apr 29 2009, 04:22 AM
Post #7

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 23,370

QUOTE(beartooths @ Nov 7 2007, 04:34 PM) *

i just thought i would check with the colorado pheasant hunters who hunt the eastern plains and see who will be headed out to eastern colorado and how the bird numbers are looking? i have heard rumors they are making a good come-back and others say they are almost gone.

Colorado pheasant numbers are way up in my opinion. Best to hunt in Phillips and Segwick Counties. The walk-in gets a bad wrap from hunters because it gets trampled opening weekend, but if you can hunt them lat season it can be really good. My advice is to drive as far as you can away from Denver. I can't see too many hunters coming to Colorado from Kansas and Nebraska to hunt pheasant. I have had great success the past few years out there. What part of CO do you live in?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 10:08 AM