Forum Registration, and Helpful Tips
Forum Registration, and Helpful Tips
Oct 25 2007, 05:11 PM
Group: Root Admin
Joined: 8-May 03
From: Flora, MS
Member No.: 2
Forum Registration and Rules
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene (cursing), vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
Our wish is to have a fun, friendly, family oriented forum where hunters and outdoorsmen & women can come and enjoy discussing hunting and the outdoors as well as other topics. However, we do ask that you observe the below list in order to help us create this atmosphere.
1. Slandering Brand Names. ‘Bashing’ Brand Names is disrespectful to that Brand. While giving your opinion about a product or brand is acceptable stating that Brand X’s broad-heads are trash is not acceptable.
2. Cabin Chat is a place to discuss topics, not a place to ‘mass market’ or advertise products or services. While informing members of a good guide service or product is acceptable registering for the sole purpose to promote a product or guide service is not acceptable.
3. Items for Sale. To post a product for sale you must have been a member for at least 6 months or accumulated 200 post. We ask that you put in the topic heading “For Sale” or “Classified Ad”.
By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.
A few other items we ask that you observe while you are a member of Cabin Chat:
While many members may have high speed Internet there are many members that connect to the Internet via Dial-up Connection. In order to help these members enjoy the forum we try to limit the number of images that appear on the board so that it doesn’t take a lengthy amount of time to download the images. This is one of the reasons why we ask that you only have one signature banner. Also, we do not allow the direct upload of images to the board. We ask that you use a 3rd party site such as photobucket.com and paste the URL link into your post (if you wish for a picture to be in your post).
Signature banners are not to exceed 600 pixels wide and 125 pixels high. Also you may only have 1 (one) banner in your signature at a time.
Should you need any help or assistance the moderators will be glad to assit you.
Resizing Photos (Avatars)
For those of you who have been wanting to know how to resize your pictures for an avatar, here are some instructions.
1. Go to paint on your computer (all computers come with this standard)
2. Go up to file and click Open
3. Find the picture you want and Open it
4. Go up to Image
5. Go to Stretch/Skew
6. Just substitute the number in you want to re-size the picture in the Stretch option
For an avatar, you'll need to make the image small enough - 100 pixels by 100 pixels maximum.
Then you will need to upload it with a host (www.photobucket.com - www.hunt101.com - www.tinypic.com for a few)
Copy the Image Link and paste it in the 1st option for an avatar.
Speak the Language
|Lo-Fi Version||Primos Inc. © 2010||Time is now: 17th December 2014 - 09:24 PM|