Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NIGHT FEEDING DEER
humbleservant247
post Mar 1 2004, 01:42 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,380

I got deer feeding in my food plot at night. I've tried hunting them during the morning and in the evening. I've tried hunting them at all legal hunting hours but no deer. I have a camera set up and have pictures of deer feeding between 7 and 10 PM. My question is how do I get these deer to change the time they feed in my food plot so I can hunt them?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Todd Imiola
post Mar 1 2004, 02:20 AM
Post #2

Supreme Hunter

Group: Primos Prostaff
Member No.: 9

If it possible, hunt the trails they are taking to the food plots. Find out where they like to enter the field and during the midday or after the season take a little stroll down the trail yourself. Look for strategic points to set up. Maybe a bunch of trails lead into one major trail 50 yards back or maybe all the signs show them coming from a pine thicket where they like to bed. Your really in business if you can find a whole bunch of rubs and scrapes in a small area, this can mean you found the staging area where those big boys are waiting for darkenss to set in. Don't be afraid to set up a few hundred yards down the trail if necessary.

--------------------
Todd Imiola Primos Prostaff (NY)
+Quote Post
Carbon Slinger
post Mar 1 2004, 03:32 AM
Post #3

BIG Hunter

Member No.: 1,213

Todd, I could not have said it better, so thanks for making my typing time shorter. Great advise.

--------------------
Happiness is a inside job, so make the most of every minute and count your blessings.

My bowhunting website: www.threestoogesbowhunting.com
+Quote Post
Paul Lampley
post Mar 1 2004, 03:49 AM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 1,381

maybe you should plant a smaller food plot.....too much food, and there is no reason for the deer to compete for it!
or......hunt it a little more strategicaly, what I mean is, hunt it only when there is no moon phase, and only when the wind is perfect......watch your approach to the stand, and never over hunt it.
evidentualy, from the limited info you give, the deer have patterend you, and will only feed it at night.....try less stand time, and more quality hunting will come around eventually........
No one has all the answers, it's all trial and error, and what works for one will often not work for another....
GOOD LUCK in your endeveurs!!!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 05:09 PM