Reply to this topicStart new topic
> B-mobile Success, Questions, And Discussion
ncturkey
post Mar 4 2010, 07:25 PM
Post #201

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,697

Dakota spacing is very important. Sounds like you have a pretty good idea about that. Kust do not get use to to one way to settup your decoy spread. The different phase's or transtion's of the spring turkey season will decitate the number and spacing and ###### of the decoys you need to use. Alos your flock make up will make a big difference in which decoys to pick for your setuo too. learn from to trueky and let them tell you what you need to do. Evertime you add a decoy to your settup it could hurt or help you. Good Luck, Mike
QUOTE(gobblerbane08 @ Jan 31 2010, 05:31 PM) *

Anyone use both B-mobile and Jake mobile in their setup? I was thinking about some different ways to use all four of my decoys (B-mobile, Jake-mobile, Flambeau Intruder Jake and Flambeau Feeding Hen) this spring and so far I've come up with two different setups that I would like your comments and opinions on. First, have the two jakes courting the hen around 12-15 yards away from me (or my blind) with Jake-mobile in a half or full strut and have B-mobile 15-20 yards behind them strutting his way over to chase them off. Two, have B-mobile in full strut with the hen about 15-20 yards away from me with the jakes keeping a slight (10-15 yards) distance behind the gobbler and the Jake-mobile in a half strut. Thoughts and any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dakota smile.gif

--------------------
ncturkey
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ikillthunderchicks
post Apr 20 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #202

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 29,448

sunday i had several longbeards in a field all day. There was a hen nesting in the field and the gobblers stayed pretty much in the same place strutting for several hours never answered any call or gobbled at all. Bought a jake mobile last night. Planing on setting up friday morning before daylight any tips on what decoys to use? I have J mobile 3 hens and another jake decoy should I use all of the decoys or any at all. birds havent been pressured much at all. What would you do?
+Quote Post
TomBro
post Apr 21 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #203

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 28,717

J mobile and 1 hen spaced about 10 feet in front of him. Then wait to give that bird a face full of boom stick.
+Quote Post
Kevinhunter
post Apr 30 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #204

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 29,763

J Mobile and a feeding hen has worked wonders for me the past 3 years in the late season! Those ole toms can't resist the temptation to come beat up on J Mobile and get to that hen. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Hunter
post May 3 2010, 03:25 AM
Post #205

Hunter

Member No.: 653

Which one is better B-Mobile or Killer Bee? What's the difference besides the string attachment to lower the tail fan? Just wondering.

+Quote Post
ol'gobblerhunter
post Jul 1 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #206

this guy

Member No.: 23,014

wel b-mobile did his job of scarin the jakes away this year. never had a tom come out and see him. o wel ill get them next year

--------------------
this guy, the hi-tech redneck
some call it an obsession, others a tradition, and even a fun sport. to me it is all of those but also the battle between man and animal, and an eye opener to that we aint as smart as we think.

team10
+Quote Post
2050z
post Jan 25 2011, 04:38 PM
Post #207

BIG Hunter

Member No.: 70

This will be my first year to try the B-Mobile.

I have two Primos hen decoys and older Jake decoy that has worked on the past.

--------------------
Timm
Sticks N'Limbs Owner
Bear Archery Staff Shooter
Carson-Optical Pro Staff
IBEP instructor
TMA Certified Treestand Safey Instructor Trainer
+Quote Post
gobbler buster Lake
post Jan 30 2011, 03:03 AM
Post #208

Hunter

Member No.: 10,442

Can anybody tell me where I can get the kit that let's you use a real fan? Can't seem to find one online..
+Quote Post
Timber Chicken
post Feb 3 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #209

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 46,674

Try this.

https://shop.primos.com/pc-1059-95-mobile-s...fan-holder.aspx

--------------------
Experience is the best teacher.
+Quote Post
Goblr
post Apr 10 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #210

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 95,051

Bought a KillrB last year and took it out several times but despite calling in over a dozen birds not one of them approached it even when I had two toms in the spread checking out the hen decoy; several ran away. Talked to another hunter who asked about which tail I was using and when I told him it was one of mine he asked about the size. It was from mature tom. His theory is that because the fan is a dominance sign the fan was scaring birds away. I'm going to cut it down and try again. A sad.gif nyone else have experience like this?
17 april update:
Killed a nice gobbler on Saturday, april 14, 2012 so decided to give KillrB another shot on Monday; he ran off another gobbler with his silk tail so he is going back on the bench. Goblr

This post has been edited by Goblr: Apr 18 2012, 01:03 AM
+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:21 PM