Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using The Buck Roar
mejj80
post Nov 27 2006, 01:50 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,158

I love the New Buck Roar, but I am disappointed that even with the included dvd, it does not explain and go through th different settings for the call with the rubber ring. I used to use a single stage call. I wanted something new and better and chose Primos. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.. Jess

--------------------
Primos Buck Roar, Best Thing Since Canned Beer!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wmramse
post Nov 27 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #2

Big Wes

Member No.: 795

Sure thing man, and welcome to the site! The lowest setting (TB) is for Trophy Buck. It gives you the deepest sound...one that a BIG buck would make. Next is MB for Mature Buck. I don't remember what order the rest are in, but each setting higher gives you a higher-pitched sound. Put the ring all the way to the top setting and you can make a doe bleat. Next time you're in a sporting good store, check out the back of the package on a Primos Power Buck and Doe - the sound board is the same, and that one explains the different settings. The major function you get with the Buck Roar is that the call is louder than anything they've made before, so you can use it as a locator call instead of just calling when you can see them. Hope that helps!

--------------------
Wes

Shoot low boys, they're riding shetland ponies.
- Lewis Grizzard
+Quote Post
Chris Vollmer
post Nov 27 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #3

Tracker

Group: Primos Prostaff
Member No.: 101

Hey guys, he hit it on the head. This call can do it all. It is adjustable so that you can try and get that big one to try and get just a little closer. By changeing the setting you can make that big buck think that a smaller one is intruding on his Does. I used it with the TB setting this weekend and a 2 1/2 year old 8 pt came in real mad. He had a hot Doe with him and did not care what was invading his area of the day. Move the ring and try the other settings if you want, but this time of year even little bucks think they are huge.

Good luck,
Chris Vollmer PPS IL
+Quote Post
MCDillinois
post Nov 27 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #4

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 3,684

I love this new call. I used it in Maryland during the first week of November but got my best success in Illinois during the height of the rut. My guess is that I Roared in 5 different bucks that I saw out in a field over 200 yds away and all 5 came running.....I mean that. I like the high volume capability if needed for grunting. This call will do it all. I have mine adjusted to the deepest setting and have not fooled with it since. Whether you want loud grunts, soft grunts and loud roar's this call will do it all.

--------------------
Tecomate Wildlife Systems[b]
Improving Wildlife Habitat and Promoting Quality Deer Management
+Quote Post
Hardcore
post Nov 27 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Supreme Hunter

Member No.: 1,330

The bucks that come in for me all have had there hair standing on end like a mad dog! The big boys havent given me the opertunity yet! They will screw up soon! :wink:

--------------------
team10

+Quote Post
Monster_Buck_Hunter
post Nov 28 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #6

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 7,948

that buck roar dose wonders my dad had a huge 8 pointer come running in from behind him from across the feild but it did not give an good enough shot

--------------------
all i need is my 4x4, and my gun and i will survive
+Quote Post
pzipp
post Nov 28 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #7

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 3,765

this is a picture of a buck that I shot on teh 18th of Nov. He was feeding in our hay field and when he started to leave I grunted at him three times. He then stopped and turned to look in my direction. Then I gave him a ROAR and he came runnign across the field and almost ran past my pop up blind. I went out that afternoon and called blindly and with in a minute i had two eight points with in range. THIS THING WORKS!!!!!
user posted image

--------------------
Acts 11:7 "And I heard a voice saying unto me, arise Peter slay and eat."
+Quote Post
montanaelkslayer
post Nov 28 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #8

Elk Fanatic

Member No.: 3,891

--------------------
Good huntin

Aaron

2007 PSE X-Force, 71#, 27" draw, Black Gold 4 pin sight, Spot Hogg Whammy rest, TR ridge hunter quiver, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's arrows, G5 Striker 100 grain broadhead, lots of sims limbsaver toys all over. Oh yeah I am bringin the heat now!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 15th September 2014 - 06:59 AM