Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oregon Hunting Reports
BUGLMN
post Sep 17 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #21

Tracker

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,438

Just got back from spending nine days eight miles in the wilderness with three other huntin' buddies, and we killed two five points, and seen a few more. The bulls were pretty vocal early in the mornng, but weren't agressive at all. We called one in, and ambushed the other one.

Cya'...................
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elk_Ninja
post Sep 17 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #22

Tracker

Member No.: 3,957

was out 4 days...had 2 bugling like crazy ...would not come in..well one started when it was getting to dark...alot of hunting pressure this last weekend...heading back in 3 days !!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
royaltineguide1
post Sep 17 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #23

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 9,868

my buddy shot this toad on friday he scored just at 330"
wait a minute: how do you post a picture here?? i usually hit an attach button and just post the picture?? anyway, he is a big 7x7 with tons of mass!

--------------------
kill or be killed! survival of the fittest
+Quote Post
Bowtech Elk Hunter
post Sep 17 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #24

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 5,376

Royaltineguide1,

Sounds like a real nice bull, congrats. Last year we got a 319 bull 7x7 and he was a toad so i can imagine what your guys bull looks like. Glad to hear of a few big ones going down, whats the story on the bull?

Tony
+Quote Post
Joss
post Sep 19 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #25

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 3,804

Heading out to the Malhuer 166 area at Silvies....... Hope to have a good report. If anyone has heard any reports in the last few days let me know....... I hear a report of rain/snow mix tonight... That would be cool.... Have a hunting cabin so if anyone is in the area let me know and I will make a pot of coffee....... Near the Hopper rd off 395 north of burns.
+Quote Post
MooseKnuckles67
post Sep 20 2007, 03:24 AM
Post #26

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 6,795

Joss,

I have a friend hunting the Silvies right now. He told me the bulls are talking but he just hasn't connected yet. The burn is pretty bad but his area was ok. I'm off for Heppner tonight tell the end of season. Good luck to all who's hunting.

Mark

QUOTE(Joss @ Sep 19 2007, 11:43 AM) *

Heading out to the Malhuer 166 area at Silvies....... Hope to have a good report. If anyone has heard any reports in the last few days let me know....... I hear a report of rain/snow mix tonight... That would be cool.... Have a hunting cabin so if anyone is in the area let me know and I will make a pot of coffee....... Near the Hopper rd off 395 north of burns.

+Quote Post
Bowtech Elk Hunter
post Sep 24 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #27

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 5,376

QUOTE(MooseKnuckles67 @ Sep 19 2007, 10:24 PM) *

Joss,

I have a friend hunting the Silvies right now. He told me the bulls are talking but he just hasn't connected yet. The burn is pretty bad but his area was ok. I'm off for Heppner tonight tell the end of season. Good luck to all who's hunting.
Mark

Well wheres all the reports from the last week of the season? any success, if it was anything like when i went over east labor day weekend it was probably slow going, my buddies got into 3-4 branched bulls but couldnt close the deal the last week of the season over east. I went to the saddle mt unit on friday of last week and saw 6 deer and was into a couple elk in the thick reprod, i cow called and had them chirping back, i worked them for awhile but they just didnt want to come out of there security in the thick stuff, was still a fun day though, now its off rifle hunting for deer on friday in the heppner unit over east, opening day is saturday morning, should be fun, went and shot my father in laws 25-06 he is letting me borrow, sweet shooting gun and dead on look out bucks LOL.
+Quote Post
Joss
post Sep 24 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #28

Outdoorsman

Moose:

Our Cabin is up the 3930 road off 395 right at Silvies, or what use to be Silvies. The only fires I was aware of up there was at Tamarack Spring. There were two fires there one on our ridge and one to the east which the both joined at one point. The OFD guys did a good job and kept it from coming over.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ........ We had a guy at the cabin keeping an eye on everything during the fires.

As for animals it was noisy and we could not get an Elk to sound at all. We hunted all over for the four days were were there and only managed to scratch one fork deer. I chased a couple but came up empty. My Buddy's step son shot at a spike Elk on our property but flew it to high and that was that. Had a bit of snow hit us for about five minutes on Sunday morning, pretty cool.

Wish I had more but I don't. Sorry Bowtech......Always next year..........
+Quote Post
MooseKnuckles67
post Sep 25 2007, 03:19 AM
Post #29

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 6,795

Joss,

One of my good friends shot a big bull up in the Silvies but lost it. He thinks he hit him low. they tracked it for 2 days but couln't find it. He's pretty upset about it.

QUOTE(Joss @ Sep 24 2007, 03:58 PM) *

Moose:

Our Cabin is up the 3930 road off 395 right at Silvies, or what use to be Silvies. The only fires I was aware of up there was at Tamarack Spring. There were two fires there one on our ridge and one to the east which the both joined at one point. The OFD guys did a good job and kept it from coming over.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ........ We had a guy at the cabin keeping an eye on everything during the fires.

As for animals it was noisy and we could not get an Elk to sound at all. We hunted all over for the four days were were there and only managed to scratch one fork deer. I chased a couple but came up empty. My Buddy's step son shot at a spike Elk on our property but flew it to high and that was that. Had a bit of snow hit us for about five minutes on Sunday morning, pretty cool.

Wish I had more but I don't. Sorry Bowtech......Always next year..........

+Quote Post
Joss
post Sep 25 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #30

Outdoorsman

Thats to bad.....

QUOTE(MooseKnuckles67 @ Sep 24 2007, 10:19 PM) *

Joss,

One of my good friends shot a big bull up in the Silvies but lost it. He thinks he hit him low. they tracked it for 2 days but couln't find it. He's pretty upset about it.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 02:14 PM