Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unit 15 New Mexico Nov20-24th
theist
post Jun 15 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #1

Outdoorsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,128

I recently found that I drew a unit 15 tag in new mexico. This is a muzzleloader hunt in Nov 20th-24th. I am wondering if anyone could give me a couple of pointers on were the elk at this time. I haven't been to the unit and would like to have an idea on were to start. I can hike, have horses, atvs, anything to find me a bull. I may also consider the use of a guide if anybody know some from the area. I would love some names and numbers so I can do some research. Any suggestions would help...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ElkHunterNM
post Jun 26 2010, 08:23 PM
Post #2

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 24,594

QUOTE(theist @ Jun 14 2010, 09:04 PM) *

I recently found that I drew a unit 15 tag in new mexico. This is a muzzleloader hunt in Nov 20th-24th. I am wondering if anyone could give me a couple of pointers on were the elk at this time. I haven't been to the unit and would like to have an idea on were to start. I can hike, have horses, atvs, anything to find me a bull. I may also consider the use of a guide if anybody know some from the area. I would love some names and numbers so I can do some research. Any suggestions would help...

This is a great tag and opportunity to harvest a bull. Hit Datil, take 12 down toward Old Horse Springs, anywhere North of there is good for elk. Great time for the muzzleloader. Elk should be moving around quite a bit. There are good roads into the unit and places where you will not encounter other hunter(s). Any more help, just drop me a line.
+Quote Post
gilahunter
post Aug 17 2010, 02:35 AM
Post #3

Outdoorsman

Member No.: 34,718

QUOTE(ElkHunterNM @ Jun 26 2010, 04:23 PM) *

This is a great tag and opportunity to harvest a bull. Hit Datil, take 12 down toward Old Horse Springs, anywhere North of there is good for elk. Great time for the muzzleloader. Elk should be moving around quite a bit. There are good roads into the unit and places where you will not encounter other hunter(s). Any more help, just drop me a line.

I drew a muzzle loader tag for unit 15. first Muzzle loader hunt October 16-20. I'm going to go scout this September because my uncle has a the second hunt in September with the bow. They usually hunt in between Quemado and Reserve. I know their some big bulls.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version       Primos Inc. © 2010 Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 07:26 PM